ToDo-List & Ideas
There are things to do to complete UJO. Some ideas are subject to be discussed
- Currently UJO does not convert half precision floats and uses single precision internally. Half precision is especially useful when storing a large number of float values as for instance with data sets of 3D graphics. A conversion to half precision needs to be included in the final version.
- Stream support.
- Support for big endian systems.
- Add more examples and documentation.
- To make it as simple as possible for programmers on different platforms to use UJO, language bindings for popular scripting and programming languages are required. A python binding is already on the way and others will follow.
- More data types.
- Extensibility with profiles.